Thursday, August 18, 2011

I haven't see this posted anywhere, so hope this works for some one

So I bought a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PC through Steam. However that part is irrelevant for this. During multi-player my PC, which I built in Feburary of this year to be the best damn thing I could afford (worked with a relic that was ten years old prior) and my PC would crash. Hard. BSOD (Blue screen of death for those of you not so tech savvy) hard; and in looking this up came to found that a good number of people have had this issue with a good number of proposed fixes that never seemed to work.

After about a week of doing the standard testing and stressing of my equipment, there was no hope in sight. All of my components were working fine and I could run the game in single player in full all I wanted. Yet one thing that alluded me and was talked about in passing a few times fixed the issue right up.

So this is for the benefit for those who may come across this who are having the same issues I had; BSOD and about a million posts on the forums that pretty much lead to nowhere outside of the standard Tech Support/IT "Its this, and your an idiot..." sort of response. And yet the funny part of it all was the simple issue that no one saw (yes, it gives a 0x124 error, but its not really one if you see the issue) but was never really seen as working.

The following is my context:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC
Intel Core i7 950
12 gigs of DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Windows 7 Ultimate
Gigabyte Motherboard (X58-USB3 if you need the specifics, but seems out of context)- this is the key to all of this

Gigabyte includes software with their motherboards, the one I had was Easytune 6. Uninstall this. Done. Play... and go easy when you throw me a beating.

Hope this works for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment